Calvin Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DFNGH, OB, MCPHI
Leading Trainer in the Profession of Hypnotism
Thanks for visiting our website. Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
I first became interested in hypnosis as a child, when listening to my grandmother tell me stories about her brother, my Uncle Ward who was a hypnotist. That turned out to be the beginning of a lifelong interest in psychology, philosophy and theology, which has resulted in my professional career in hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
I know some of you want to know more so please read on.
Thanks again for stopping by,
Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH. OOB
Cal Banyan is also an instructor, consultant, author and public speaker on the following topics: hypnosis, hypnotherapy and working with emotions for control of addiction, overcoming chronic illness and personal achievement.
Top Hypnotherapy Instructor & Honored Leader in the Field!
- BS & MA in Psychology from University of North Dakota.
- Full time professional since 1996.
- Member of the National Guild of Hypnotists* since 1996.
- NGH Certified Instructor since 1999.
- Writer for the NGH Journal of Hypnotism since 2000.
- Published, Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy (book, 2001).
- NGH Board Certified since 2001.
- NGH Certified Instructor of the Year 2002.
- NGH Certified Instructor of the Year 2003.
- NGH Educator of the Year 2003.
- Fellow of the National Guild of Hypnotists 2004.
- NGH Counsel of the Order Braid Council 2005.
- NGH Charles Tebbetts Award 2005.
- Cover & Interview, NGH Journal of Hypnotism, June 2005.
- Member of the NGH Advisory Board since 2006.
- Member of the NGH Ethics Board since 2007.
- NGH President's Award, 2008.
- Hypnotism Media Award of the Year 2010
- Diplomate of the National Guild of Hypnotists 2010
Awards, Certifications and Credentials
- Member of the NGH Advisory Board
- Member of the NGH Ethics Board
- Board Certified Hypnotherapist (First in his State)
- NGH Certified Instructor (First in his State)
- The First NGH Instructor in Minnesota to be Awarded the Title of "Fellow of the NGH"
- Founder of the Saint Paul, Minnesota NGH Chapter
- Founder of the Orange County, California NGH Chapter
- Twice NGH Certified Instructor of the Year
- NGH Educator of the Year
- Among the First to be Entered into the NGH Counsel of the Order Braid Council 2005
- NGH Charles Tebbits Award
- Cover & Interview, NGH Journal of Hypnotism
- Speaker at the NGH Convention every year since 1999
Truly the Recognized Leading Hypnotherapy Trainer
in California, U.S.A. and Singapore!
He received his B.S. and M.A. degrees in Psychology at the University of North Dakota.
He has worked as a Psychologist at the North Dakota State Hospital, and with Lutheran Social Services as a Family Therapist.
Mr. Banyan is the founder and C.E.O. of the
Banyan Hypnosis Center for Training & Services, Inc.
Mr. Banyan is coauthor with Gerald F. Kein, Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy: Basic to Advanced Techniques for the Professional.
He is also the author of the upcoming and long anticipated, The Secret Language of Feelings.
He has contributed to several other books including, Hypnotize This (Zalman) and Official Consumer Guide to Hypnotism (National Guild of Hypnotists).
Mr. Banyan was also featured on KARE 11 News Extra and KFAI Radio FM, Health Matter, WCCO Channel 4 News Special Dimension, KFAI Radio, WCCO Radio 830 AM, and Channel 9 News, Minneapolis, MN. As well as WB 11 KPIX TV, with Toni Senecal in New York, NY, and more!
Mr. Banyan has published in the following scientific, professional and popular publications:
(American Psychological Association)
Hospital and Community Psychiatry (American
Hypno-Gram (National Guild of Hypnotists)
The Journal of Hypnotism (National Guild of
Hypnotist, as a contributing author to the journal.)
Also published in these popular publications, The Edge Newspaper and Twin Cities Wellness.
Mr. Banyan is listed in and a member of Who's Who In Mental Health On the Web.
He has also presented many times at the National Guild of Hypnotists Annual Convention and at the NGH's Solid Gold Weekend.
Cal Banyan, "Walks the Walk".
He is currently preparing to participate in a 100 mile bike race!
Yep that's me (before). I'm about 293 to 297 pounds there and I thought that I would eventually explode, because I just kept gaining weight. Then, I became my own experiment and applied what I had been learning from my clients (while they were in hypnosis) to myself. I used this unique understanding of food addiction and hypnosis on myself. Now, I've lost over 60 pounds to date and continue to become slimmer.
I learned how to beat the fattening compulsion of eating out of emotions like boredom, stress, anxiety, frustration and just being tired. Now I lose weight and I never feel hungry or deprived!
Proof positive that what I teach works!
Mr. Banyan has given university level classes/workshops on hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
He has trained individuals in hypnotherapy (NGH Certification and 5-PATH®) and self-hypnosis (7th Path Self-Hypnosis®) from across the USA and internationally.
Cal Banyan designed the Banyan Hypnosis Certification Super-Course, and personally selected and trained each CPHI to ensure that you get the best accelerated training possible.